Mostly Applicable for the In-Person Classes
Admission: All licensed real estate professionals are invited to join NAREA. The annual membership fee is $199, however, until you have passed all of the classes to receive a particular designation, you are considered a candidate. Candidates are required to complete an application and are required to pay $49 per year until they receive their designation. Individual class pricing is listed per class under the tab “Register For a Class,” and discounts are available for early registration.
Attendance: The National Association of Real Estate Advisors has established the following attendance policy for each approved course:
- Each student will be required to register for the course either online through NAREA’s website or through the local Board or Association of Realtors prior to the time the course begins, or at the location where the live course is being taught on that particular day.
- A person from NAREA or the local Board or Association of Realtors or the Certified Instructor will be required to monitor the course to assure that the licensed attendee is attending the course for which they registered.
- The licensee will be required, at the time of check in, to confirm with the NAREA representative that they are indeed the person who has registered for the course. At that time, they will be required to provide a federal or state issued photo identification that has their name and a photograph of the licensee. Each licensee will also be required to furnish their real estate license number as issued by the Division of Real Estate.
- Additionally, at the beginning of each course the licensed attendee will be required to sign in next to their name as shown on the roster listing their name and license number.
- Each time there is a break during the class for either mid-morning or mid-afternoon breaks, or for lunch, the licensed attendee will be required to sign in or sign out with the representative monitoring the course.
- At the completion of the course, the licensed attendee will be required to turn in any examination given for grading, or if grading took place during the course, the licensed attendee will be required to confirm with the representative that the examination was turned in or a passing grade was achieved.
- Prior to awarding continuing education credit to any student, the monitoring representative will confirm that the student attended a minimum of 90% of the required class time.
- Within seven days after completion of a course, NAREA will log the continuing education credit for each student with the appropriate affiliate who is recording each student’s continuing education credits.
Additional attendance requirements may be added from time-to-time or by direction of the Division of Real Estate by whom the continuing education credits are authorized.
Standards of Progress: Students who successfully complete all CCA courses offered through NAREA will receive the Certified Commercial Advisor (CCA) designation. Students who do not complete all courses within a 12-month period, or whose designation expires, must retake the courses to receive their designation.
Designation Status: Designations automatically renew yearly and remain active as long as the associated membership in NAREA remains active. Designations will automatically expire four months after the association membership in NAREA is no longer active.
Refund Policy: Students will receive a full refund if they cancel at least 48 hours prior to the start of the course for which they are registered. All cancellation notices must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.